In this post an impressive project made by Wayne Hussey and Carlyle Livingston. It’s a giant Bat Cave made entirely out of LEGO. This Bat Cave was first displayed at Emerald City ComiCon in late March of 2012. It then made an appearance at Jet City Comic Show and then BrickCon 2012. After Wayne and Carlyle built it they took it to ECCC and then it sat quietly in Carlyle’s living room. In this post a selection with photos of the full piece and details of it, be sure to visit this Flickr Set for more images!
• They spent 400 hours each over three months building this, started in Early January and finished in late March.
• They estimate over 20,000 pieces but it’s probably much more.
• It weighs in at 100 pounds.
• The entire roof lifts off and then the rest splits into three sections for ease of transport.
• There are four LEGO Power Functions motors.
• Everything currently works off of batteries but that may change.
• Everything is LEGO except some of the lighting and two pieces related to the lighting.
• If you want to see the mechanics working, be sure and see the videos (one – two – three)